Out of the 42, who died, 37 were students. So far 25 bodies have been examined on post mortem at Bwera hospital. The list of the dead includes;
- Muhindi Wapalya, a 25 year old, male adult.
- Kiiza Khabugho Rosette, a 15 year old, female student
- Kamalha Rusia, a 15 year old, female S.2 female student.
- Kule Martin, a 22 year old, male S.3, male student
- Masereka Eliton, a 17 year old, male S.3 student
- Masika Rosette, a 17 year old, female student
- Katusime Ruth, a 20 year old, female student
- Nzabake Mackline, an 18 year old, female S.2 student
- Mbusa Kirilhuhandi, a 47 year old, school watchman
10.Nyakato Eliza, a 19 year old female, S.2 student
11.Biira Ronet, a 17 year old, female S.3 student
12.Biira Gauba, a 20 year old, female student
13.Mbambu Junior, a 20 year old, female student
14.Kabugho Jovibine, a 16year old, female, S.1 student
15.Biira Melvine, a 14 year old, female S.1 student
16.Ithungu Marion, a 22 year old, female student
17.Ithungu Joy, a 17 year old, female S.3 student
18.Biira Amina Rashid, a 17 year old female juvenile.
19.Masereka Zakayo, a 70 year old, male peasant.
20.Masika Florence, a 95 year old, female peasant
21.Ithungu Regina, a 16 year old, female student
22.Kabugo Masiline, an 18 year old female, S.1 student
23.Ithungu mackline, a 12 year old, female student in S.1
24.Khabugho Janet, a 16year old, female student in S.1
25.Khabugho Bridget Deya, a 16 year old, female student of …
So far 23 bodied have been handed over to the relatives for burial. Two bodies are not yet claimed.
Yesterday, 18.06.2023, our medical and forensic teams examined 17 burnt bodies from the mortuary in Fortportal. All the 17 burnt bodies, were male, and the burns were distributed all over the bodies, both front and back. One of the victims, had an additional gunshot wound. Another had dry flame burns (dense soot in the airway). The forensic team picked DNA samples from the bodies and from relatives for DNA comparison.